Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Away

Well the weekend started off great with our party for the Novice kids who I coached. It was pretty cool as the parents took care of all the arrangements. I just had to show up and present the trophies. Not a bad gig. Great bunch of kids. Anyway we headed up north on Friday night as planned. The weather was awfully crappy and the drive was messy but traffic was moving. We got up there just before midnight. It is a pretty cool place located just outside of Washago. The kids had a blast with our the neighbors next store.
On Saturday morning Sam's sisters and her mom started rolling in at about 10:00am. They wanted to have a pre meeting about the lake front property that Sam's fathers family is selling. Sam's mom unforutnately has Alzheimer's. Granted it is in the earlier stages but she can no longer make decisions for herself, hence the family has to help out. The pre-meeting went very well and the family drafted a note about the conditions of the sale. In the afternoon we met with the rest of the families and discussed the sale. Most of it went pretty well from what I here
They returned home on Saturday night. I cooked one of my personal favorites, pork chops and baked potatoes, with a touch of caesar salad and cord. Yum. I love food. Sam and I decided to spend another night up there and came home on Sunday.
Sam starts her new job today. She was really nervous last night and had a hard time getting to sleep. I tossed and turned a bit a well but feel asleep around midnight, only to be awoken by a cat who had obviously been alone too much this weekend. She was trying to get the dog to play but he was giving her the "go lick yourself" look as he was completely exhausted from the weekend.
Enough ramblings. Gotta run and work for a living. Weekend was a ~~~~~~~ out of ten. Good rest but crappy weather. TAC

No comments: