Despite being somewhat protective my card was still hijacked. Maybe I will have to arm myself with a world domination ray gun or something.On to new things. We went to the Beverly Golf and country club last evening for a banquet honouring our year in hockey with the Grand Valley Hockey league. The place was built just last year and it looks beautiful. It is a private club though and in less I win a lottery we likely won't be members there anytime soon. Beautiful place.
As I mentioned we are headed north this weekend. I am looking forward to getting away. It will be our puppy's first big car ride so we will see how he makes out. But first we have a novice hockey party to go to. It was team myself and a neighbor coached last year. We had a great time and the kids had a pretty good blast as well. It's funny how we ended up exactly at .500 for the year in both the playoffs and regular season.
Well my beloved maple leafs made some changes yesterday. Patt Quinn, their head coach, was fired or as his boss said "relieved of his duties". Sounds so much better then fired doesn't it. In this world of political correctness we view the word fired as some sort of "bad" word. Where I work is the same. We use the phrase "we no longer require your services". My interpitation is get the hell out we have chewed you up and got all the useful stuff out of you we need. Back to Pat Quinn though I am sure he will end up with Vancouver next year and probably win the cup. That is the fate of players and coaches that leave or get fired from the Toronto Maple Leafs.Anyway I should run.
It's been a ~~~~~~~~ out of ten toenails type day.
Later
TAC

No comments:
Post a Comment