most of the day sleeping on and off. Occasional she wandered down to the waterfront and got up for meals but for the most part kept to herself. She is reaching the point where it is hard for her to follow conversations. I find it hard to communicate with her at all as she has a hard time finding not just the right words, but any words. Then she gets frustrated at us for not understanding her. Alzheimer's is a brutal disease and were just getting started.Anyway the kids had a blast this weekend. The weather was outstanding. I managed to land one beauty of a cold somehow which kind of laid me up for the weekend.
I managed to find my energy by Sunday, but Saturday was pretty much a right off. We lit off Fireworks on Saturday night. What a blast. Had a nice peaceful kayak and canoe ride during the weekend. Took Zeus out for his innaugural canoe and kayak ride. He wasn't too bad but it was a little harry coming back in the kayak as he found a dog to bark at. Not bad for a beginner though Once he calms down a bit it will be a lot easier. It was a weekend of highs and lows. We needed the break yet somehow we l
eft there feeling like we didn't get one. I am almost ready to bail on this whole joint cottage thing. Sam's immediate family can't seem to get their act together and its troublesome to think that we would all manage this one day. When you have incapacity, incompetence, ineffectiveness,inadequacy, inefficiency, ineptitude, ineptness, insufficiency, inutility, weakness and selfishness when dealing with issues you have a disaster waiting to happen. Saw all of that this weekend and its scary. If and when I win the lottery, my Sam and I will buy our own piece of heaven and earth, somewhere very far away from family rest assured.

No comments:
Post a Comment