Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back from Vacation-For a while anyway

Its been a long time since I blogged, but I was on vacation after all. Vacation was excellent. We up at the cottage near Gravenhurst. It was beautiful up there. The kids had a blast swimming and fishing. We took their bikes but the kids didn't seem to interested in riding. They were having far too much fun swimming. I think it was on the Thursday they were in the water for over three hours. They have made friends next store and they have a lot of fun when they get together. Sam joined me on the weekends. It was not much of a holiday for her but at least we had really nice weather over the weekend. We didn't get home until very late on Sunday night. It was just too nice out and we did not want too leave. Somehow I managed to break my toe while I was away. On Thursday I was helping Paige clean up on the dock when I jammed my foot on one of the dock rings. Their "T" shaped and I managed to wedge the ring in between my big toe and index toe. It bent back and snapped like a twig. It went red almost instantly and the swelling took place shortly there after. Not much they can do for a busted up toe so it is one of those grin and bear it.

While we were up at the cottage we finished off moving and installing the deck from Sam's sisters place. Its nice as it finishes off the side of the cottage quite nicely. We had tried to convince my wife's father when he was alive to put one in there but if it wasn't his idea it wasn't likely ever going to be done.

The politics are alive and strong about the family properties however. No one seems to agree on anything. The frustration on my part is no one seems to appreciate what they have. It seems like it is all about control for this family. If they don't have control they vie for it and dam everything and anything that gets in the way. They value personal satisfaction and victory over enjoyment. The selfishness is incredible. If it continues and there seems to be no reason why it won't, it will be ALL gone and there will be nothing to vie for control of. In Stewies words (Family Guy) "Victory will be mine". Enjoy it because it will be a lonely victory.

Enough ranting as I intend to enjoy it as long as I can. Our next set of holidays are coming up. This time both Sam and I get to enjoy it together. I can't wait. Its only 8 days away and it can't come soon enough. Its a strange summer this year as I will be away three individual weeks with two weeks in between each of them. Actually Sam and I had a neat idea. If you have say two weeks vacation, you could actually break that up into chunks of three days with and extra day to add to one. With two chunks of three days and one with four you could leverage the weekends and holidays and spread your holidays across five weeks. It would seem like you had a large part of the summer off. I may try that next year. With three weeks holiday you could spread it across five weekend and have most of the summer off. I may try that next year.

I will try to update sooner then later as always. Life seems to be in a hurry these days and everyone seems be having a hard time keeping up. But everyday spent on the green side of the grass is a good one.

Chow
TTC

No comments: